So you had a great time at the swimming pool, but a strange itching sensation has since snuck its way in between your toes.
So you had a great time at the swimming pool, but a strange itching sensation has since snuck its way in between your toes. Turns out moisture and bare feet don’t make such a great combo, and you’re left with a case of athlete’s foot for your summertime laps. Use the following tips to prevent athlete’s foot and keep your feet in tip-top shape.
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Dry between your toes after swimming or bathing.
- Wear shoes or sandals that allow your feet to breathe.
- When indoors, wear socks without shoes.
- Wear socks to absorb sweat. Change your socks twice a day.
- Use talcum or antifungal powder on your feet.
- Allow your shoes to air for at least 24 hours before you wear them again.
- Wear shower sandals in public pools and showers.