JPL Logo

When should I call a foot and ankle specialist?

When should I call a foot and ankle specialist?

Call us when you need help with:

call us

  • Persistent pain in your feet or ankle
  • Noticeable changes to the skin of your lower legs or feet, or your toenails
  • Bunions, hammertoes, or flat feet
  • Severe or persistent sports injuries
  • Cracked, dry, scaling, or peeling skin on your lower legs or feet
  • Severe or persistent swelling of your feet or ankles
  • Continuous heel pain
  • Ingrown toenails
  • Open wounds from diabetes or poor circulation
  • Diabetic foot evaluation
  • Tingling or numbness in your feet
  • Painful calluses or corns
  • Foot or ankle joint pain
  • Traumatic injury of your foot or ankle

Why go to a podiatrist when your foot or ankle hurts?

Our physicians are the best-trained physicians to diagnose and treat foot and ankle pain. Your primary physician might see a patient with foot or ankle pain every now and then, but we see patients with all kinds of foot and ankle problems all day, every day.

You may also be tempted to just shop for foot devices and arch supports in the retail market. The problem with those is you don’t get a proper diagnosis. When you visit us, we can make sure you get to the root of your problem, get the appropriate treatment, and heal faster.

At Mid-South Foot & Ankle Specialists, we have extensive knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, and pathology. In other words, we’re experts. We know the specific parts of the foot and ankle and how they work together as you move. We know what causes problems — and how to fix them. When it comes to foot and ankle pain, our experienced podiatrists are your best option.

Call 911 or go directly to the ER if you’re currently having a medical emergency.

call us

For more information, check the extensive range of foot and ankle problems we treat.