Closed shoes and sweaty feet can lead to some pretty powerful foot odor. It’s not particular to a gender, both male and female can have a foot odor and it can be pretty embarrassing especially in public. Here are some tips to help keep this at bay.
1. Don’t wear same shoes in a row, try as much as possible to alternate wearing.
2. Allow your feet breathe, try putting on sandals or slippers occasionally as the occasion allows
3. Air your shoes always.
4. Avoid wearing tight fitted shoes as this makes your feet sweat more increasing the odor.
5. Try as much as possible to wash your feet always to break down sweat residue constantly.
6. Men should try to change their socks too every day, wearing same pair in a row will definitely give a pass for some odor.
7. A good trick to also get rid of smelly shoes is to sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda (you can get this at a pharmacy) for about two days while sun drying the shoes as well. This should eliminate the smell to a barest.
If you continue to have problems there are some treatments for your feet that can be done by a podiatrist at Mid-South Foot and Ankle Specialists. Call us at 901-309-7700.